Norcal Motocross
Norcal Motocross
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hollister Hangover Marathon

Real Name
    Dan Lawson

Hollister Hangover Marathon

OTHG is hosting a Hangover Marathon at Hollister on Jan. 1st. Expect a Worcs style layout. 40 minute moto's and $35 entry plus gate $10.00
    Bay Chapter OTHG The Premier Motocross Vet Racing Club

This will be at the GP track in the upper ranch ,fully prepped. The Rangers just added about 2 feet of sand to the entire race track so the Motocross portions will be beyond perfection.
    The track will be about 2x the length of the MX track but for an idea of just the MX layout
    YouTube - Hollister AMP

All riders welcome (no need to be a OTHG member) and Ralph from 408mx will be handling the prep.

How many days can you ride in 2011? Start by riding the very first day of the year.
    Last edited by kx1984; 11-10-2010 at 11:54 AM.
    2010 YZ450F
    "Breathe"
    San Jose ,CA

Real Name
    Sydney Lorenzo

Re: Hollister Hangover Marathon

For you non-OTHG members there is also a Marathon at Sandhill Ranch. Home of the original Hangover Marathon. Track designed by 1982 World Champion Brad Lackey. Track will be well prepped(not by sandhill ranch crew!). 45 minute races beginning at 8:00am 1/1/11. For info call 415-587-8678.

Real Name
    Dan Lawson

Talking Re: Hollister Hangover Marathon

Ooooohhh , nice hijack! I thought Sandhill was almost sold and that they were not holding the race this year? Anyways, my dirt's better than your dirt ;-)
    2010 YZ450F
    "Breathe"
    San Jose ,CA

Real Name
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by kx1984 View Post
    OTHG is hosting a Hangover Marathon at Hollister on Jan. 1st. Expect a Worcs style layout. 40 minute moto's and $35 entry plus gate $10.00
    Bay Chapter OTHG The Premier Motocross Vet Racing Club

This will be at the GP track in the upper ranch ,fully prepped. The Rangers just added about 2 feet of sand to the entire race track so the Motocross portions will be beyond perfection.
    The track will be about 2x the length of the MX track but for an idea of just the MX layout
    YouTube - Hollister AMP

All riders welcome (no need to be a OTHG member) and Ralph from 408mx will be handling the prep.

How many days can you ride in 2011? Start by riding the very first day of the year.
    Dan is this a gang race or just a race with gang gates? Track does look super loamy and fun
    Thanks ASV, Pro Action, Leo Vince, Gaerne, Pro Taper, Dragon, Oneal, Hyper X, EVS, Globe Shoes, NoToil, Dunlop, Athena, Leatt

Real Name
    Dan Lawson

The gang is promoting an "Event". Same as last year but with some cool new "prepped" hills. The gang will have all of their regular classes and everyone else gets to moto and enjoy the track in other classes.
    No one has to join the gang (although it would be a perfect time) and the course is just prime. Hollister is outstanding this time of year and they have added so much sand that if it rains it will be like riding on the beach.
    2010 YZ450F
    "Breathe"
    San Jose ,CA

Real Name
    Andrew

The gang is promoting an "Event". Same as last year but with some cool new "prepped" hills. The gang will have all of their regular classes and everyone else gets to moto and enjoy the track in other classes.
    No one has to join the gang (although it would be a perfect time) and the course is just prime. Hollister is outstanding this time of year and they have added so much sand that if it rains it will be like riding on the beach.
    Points race for our chapters? This is my first year in the gang so I didn't do the hangover race last year. Wish I was closer to Hollister so I could ride it more often
    Thanks ASV, Pro Action, Leo Vince, Gaerne, Pro Taper, Dragon, Oneal, Hyper X, EVS, Globe Shoes, NoToil, Dunlop, Athena, Leatt

Real Name
    Ward Alexandro

.... The gang will have all of their regular classes and everyone else gets to moto and enjoy the track in other classes......
    Thought they ran Beg., Nov., inter., exp/master w/o age classes? I didn't go this year, but the 09 event was fun.

Real Name
    Daniel Teitgen

Last year they all Beg, Nov, Inter, Exp/master. All without age classes. I went last year and it was 45 minutes plus two laps (56 minutes total race time). Had a great time and finished ok. Would love to race it again this year....but life is getting in the way of motocross and trail riding.

Real Name
    Dan Lawson

Quote Originally Posted by drew225 View Post
    Points race for our chapters? This is my first year in the gang so I didn't do the hangover race last year. Wish I was closer to Hollister so I could ride it more often
    Bottom line, are you going?
    2010 YZ450F
    "Breathe"
    San Jose ,CA

Real Name
    Dan Lawson

Quote Originally Posted by Danman1971 View Post
    Last year they all Beg, Nov, Inter, Exp/master. All without age classes. I went last year and it was 45 minutes plus two laps (56 minutes total race time). Had a great time and finished ok. Would love to race it again this year....but life is getting in the way of motocross and trail riding.
    I thought Life was Motocross riding?
    2010 YZ450F
    "Breathe"
    San Jose ,CA